POSITION SUMMARY :
The Senior Network Operations Engineer is a core contributor to the IT Infrastructure Services team responsible for implementing, and providing ongoing operational support for, the network infrastructure at Genomic Health in accordance with our defined reference architecture. This person has demonstrated experience with a broad range of Networking technologies, network security, firewalls, VPN and Intrusion detection, LAN, WAN, MAN and cloud connectivity. They have a systematic approach to their work, a strategic understanding of the role of Information Technology in the organization, and will work closely with the Infrastructure Services Engineering team to address network-related problems with comprehensive and sustainable solutions.
- Manage and monitor networking technology solutions for the organization including those related to LAN optimization, firewall and security configuration, VPN and WAN/MAN configuration (BGP, MPLS, QoS, etc.)
- Take an ownership role in the operational support of network solutions by implementing, documenting and managing systems though their lifecycle
- Contribute to the selection and implementation of network monitoring and reporting tools
- Document network architecture, infrastructure components, and operating procedures
- Assist in management, monitoring, and troubleshooting network and computer infrastructure as appropriate
- Act as an escalation resource to the support team for troubleshooting network problems
- Act as a mentor and resource to peers in the operations team and support staff
- Participate in design review discussions with other members in the IT Infrastructure Services team
- Advise management on ongoing needs and issues related to networking and security infrastructure
- B.S. in Computer Science, IS/IT or equivalent education and experience.
- 8+ years of IT systems engineering and administration
- 3+ years of experience in infrastructure virtualization, Windows infrastructure design and implementation, data storage design and networking, in an Enterprise Data Center
- Current knowledge and proficiency with design, configuration, optimization and monitoring of network (LAN and WAN) devices and traffic as well as administration and configuration of Cisco & Dell routers, Cisco & Arista switches for high speed networks, firewalls and other networking technologies.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with network protocols and services (TCP/IP, LACP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP).
- Experience with Infiniband and fiber switching highly desirable.
Hands on experience in the following areas:
- Windows OS 2008 or later, Microsoft System Center and VMM; Hyper-V; Active Directory, GPO, DFS, DNS, DHCP; SAN and NAS storage systems (Compellent, NexSAN and Isilon); Hardware and Applications High Availability, - Disaster Recovery and multi-site failover technologies; Cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS; Ethernet (Cisco) and fiber channel networking. Industry standards and best practices for enterprise architecture and infrastructure.
- Experience with scripting tools such as Power Shell, batch, WHS and Python is desirable.
- Experience with Cisco, Compellent, EMC
- Some experience in supporting Linux OS is desirable.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent technical research, troubleshooting, and analytical skills (finding and implementing non-trivial solutions plays a big role in this position).
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills for operational documentation and support procedures.
- Excellent technical leadership and communications skills.
- Ability to present new ideas and solutions clearly and prove viability.
- Ability to communicate difficult IT concepts effectively to varied audiences.
- Able to analyze issues and quickly come up with solutions in area of expertise; work proactively, suggest process changes as needed, provide estimates, execute upon plans.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Willing to acquire new skills, multitask and work on projects outside of immediate area of expertise.
- Possess strong desire and ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to calmly troubleshoot in high pressure situations
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE