Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
As a key member of the Oncology team, this scientist will be responsible for leading projects in the area of tumor modeling and immunology. In particular, the scientist will work on the establishment of in vivo hematologic cancer models and perform studies to characterize novel therapeutic cancer antibodies and targets. The scientist will collaborate with colleagues in pre-clinical discovery through to clinical development stages within the oncology, immunology and antibody development groups, as well as present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and senior management.
- Ability to design, perform and interpret complex in vivo xenograft experiments in immune-compromised and immune-modified mice
- Expertise in analysis and fractionation of murine and primary human immune cell populations from patient samples by FACS
- Analysis and understanding of immune cells and molecules (rodent and human) as well as ex vivo analysis of immune cells by FACS, IHC and ELISA
- Cell/molecular biology: in vitro immune cell activation assays; cell culture; analysis and purification of primary immune cells from murine tissues and human blood
- Ability to analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready' format
- Ability to manage multiple in vivo and in vitro experiments simultaneously
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication
Qualification & Experience:
- A PhD in a relevant scientific discipline (Tumor Immunology, Immunology, Oncology, Cell Biology) with >3 years post-doctoral experience (in academia or industry) is required.
- Knowledge of tumor immunology. Specifically, experience with hematological xenograft models and in vivo/ex vivo measurement of immune endpoints will be an advantage, and is highly desired.
- Extensive experience with primary immune cells of human and/or rodent origin as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the basics of cellular immunology, as it applies to cancer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Some management experience is very desirable.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues in oncology, immunology and antibody development groups Write reports and present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and senior management.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies:
Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE