Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
REGN is expanding its genomics efforts and operations, building upon its strengths in mouse genetics (VelociGene®; VelocImmune® and related technologies) and genetics-driven drug discovery and development (e.g. Interleukin-1 blocker rilonacept, FDA approved in 2008; PCSK9 antibody alirocumab, in Phase 3; and several other important pipeline medicines). Specific activities being scaled up will include whole exome and whole genome sequencing projects, functional biology and mouse genetics for disease modeling, and translational research integrating genetics discovery research with REGN's growing pipeline development efforts. Along with others in industry and academia, Regeneron has long seen human genetics and genomics as essential platforms for facilitating and enabling drug discovery and development; we believe technological advances and other trends now make it possible to more fully realize this potential.
Goals for REGN's programs include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification through the use of human genetics and related genomic sciences. Regeneron’s interests encompass a breadth of different areas spanning Mendelian and family frameworks, large scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. The company will rely on its internal assets and technologies as well as continue to collaborate with investigators around the world in pursuing exciting genetics discovery projects. Regeneron is looking for talented and motivated individuals to join the company, complement internal teams and resources, and help lead these exciting programs and expanded efforts.
We are looking for a LIMS Analyst in our Human Genomics group. The LIMS Analyst configures the Next Generation Sequencing and Biobanking LIMS to meet end-user needs. He/she also processes system change control, documents configuration, writes test plans and is responsible for user training & support.
In addition, this person:
- Is responsible for LIMS documentation, including converting User Requirement Specifications to Detail Design Specification, writing Configuration Test Plans and summary reports, and configures reports as required.
- Configures complex reports (tabular, trend and labels).
- Configures instrument/system integration.
- Processes LIMS change requests.
- Coordinates with LIMS team members to implement the system & change requests in an efficient manner.
- Works with the IT team to ensure that LIMS is integrated with other systems as needed
- Works independently with minimal application specific training required
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s or graduate degree in computer science, information technology, or a life science and 2-5+ Years Experience;
- 5 years of LIMS Analyst experience
- 2 years of LIMS configuration experience
- LIMS software development experience a plus
Additional skills include:
- Experience with Commercial LIMS Application administration and configuration, software development lifecycle methods, Zebra printer support, SQL, reporting applications (Crystal Reports, Sybase Infomaker, SpotFire) is required
- Sapio LIMS experience in a pharmaceutical research or biotechnology environment strongly preferred
- LIMS Software development in support of a research environment a big plus
- Experience with Java or JRuby a big plus
- Familiarity with biological laboratory techniques, next generation sequencing, a big plus
- Understanding of an Agile development methodology
- Strong interest in contributing to biological research
- Experience in fast changing Research focused environments
- Experience in a Big Data environment >500Tb
- Working in a heterogeneous database environments
- HTML5 / CSS3 Experience
- Ability to understand end-user needs and user experience
- Is an independent worker and proactively seeks to innovate
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Willingness to work in and adapt to a fast paced, ever changing research environment
- Attention to detail and a passion for solving complex and interesting problems
- Analytical with the desire to measure the effectiveness of new features
- Welcome and respect ideas from partners, business stakeholder and technical experts
- Demonstrated ability to perform business analysis and identify valid improvement opportunities
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies:
Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE