Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
REGN is expanding its genomics efforts and operations, building upon its strengths in mouse genetics (VelociGene®; VelocImmune® and related technologies) and genetics-driven drug discovery and development (e.g. Interleukin-1 blocker rilonacept, FDA approved in 2008; PCSK9 antibody alirocumab, in Phase 3; and several other important pipeline medicines). Specific activities being scaled up will include whole exome and whole genome sequencing projects, functional biology and mouse genetics for disease modeling, and translational research integrating genetics discovery research with REGN's growing pipeline development efforts. Along with others in industry and academia, Regeneron has long seen human genetics and genomics as essential platforms for facilitating and enabling drug discovery and development; we believe technological advances and other trends now make it possible to more fully realize this potential.
Goals for REGN's programs include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification through the use of human genetics and related genomic sciences. Regeneron’s interests encompass a breadth of different areas spanning Mendelian and family frameworks, large scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. The company will rely on its internal assets and technologies as well as continue to collaborate with investigators around the world in pursuing exciting genetics discovery projects. Regeneron is looking for talented and motivated individuals to join the company, complement internal teams and resources, and help lead these exciting programs and expanded efforts.
We are looking for a Manager - Genomic LIMS. This person is responsible for the daily operations, strategic planning and LIMS project and change request execution. The Manager role will supervise, train, and develop members of the Genomic LIMS team. The LIMS manager will monitor the performance and delivery of Genomic LIMS services to the HG department as per agreed upon service levels and ensures that the service levels are achieved. The individual is responsible for establishing and leading the Genomic-IT portfolio of LIMS initiatives as well as coordinating with associated and or related IT functions. . The LIMS manager will be responsible for LIMS; portfolio management, project management, staff management, and smaller departmental initiatives as assigned. The incumbent will lead a variety of different types of programs, projects, and LIMS services including implementing new systems and services, LIMS application development, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, process engineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
Strategy and Governance
- Ensure services and LIMS activities have an articulated scope with quantifiable business benefit
- Monitor & manage LIMS project & operational spend and develop financial forecasts
- Represent the Genomic LIMS team at project and corporate LIMS governance forums
- Definition of service level agreements (SLA’s) in relation to Genomic LIMS services, as well as the active management of the defined SLA’s are achieved with quality and client expectations are met or exceeded
- Align services & projects to appropriate methodology & or compliance standards set by the Corporate LIMS Governance team
- Participate in the development of policy and procedure for LIMS team
- Coordinate and lead vendor selection processes where applicable
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
This experience, a minimum of 7-10 years progressive experience in Information Technology, should include:
- 5+ years of managing employees and budgets
- 3+ years Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology experience in a Research environment
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Knowledge of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Iterative, waterfall, etc. )
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Ability to navigate highly matrixed organizations effectively
- Solid influencing skills
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Experience with stakeholder management
- Ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally together with strong presentation skills
- Ability to easily recognize areas for internal improvement and develop plans for implementation.
- Ability to anticipate client needs and propose alternative business solutions.
LIMS Specific Qualifications
- 5+ years experience with managing a team of LIMS staff members
- 5+ years experience with LIMS implementations with a focus on both custom as well as commercial systems implementations required
- 3+ years LIMS Management experience in A Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology Research environment
- Experience gathering and documenting requirements and translating them into LIMS configuration specifications
- Hands on experience with configuration of complex data management and workflows required to meet business needs
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies:
Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE