Energetic and highly competent individual needed to manage all aspects of an established biological specimen collection program for breast cancer in a cancer research setting. The individual chosen will be responsible for coordination of specimen and data collection as well as specimen tracking storage and distribution. He/She will work with investigators to clarify specimen requests, identify appropriate samples in the repository and prepare SOW's and estimated budgets. Will also coordinate genomic analysis of specimens and database access to specimen annotation and provide backup for patient consent and specimen collection. Personally represent the program to the scientific and medical community, prepare status reports, provide narrative and graphical materials for grants, draft funding requests, and prepare presentations.
1. Coordinate research and administrative activities, ensuring all projects are completed according to project/study timelines.
2. Assist in the development of project/study policies and procedures. Administer policies and procedures according to protocol, IRB, grant/contract and Center specifications.
3. Assist in the development of research materials which may include questionnaires, data collection instruments, and educational materials. Develop, review, edit, and revise administrative materials.
4. Carry-out moderately complex research assignments in support of project/study, requiring related education and/or experience.
5. Serve as project/study liaison, representing the project/study to other Center departments, funding sources, affiliated individuals or institutions, and outside organizations.
6. Track study data and compile data reports.
7. Assist in the analysis of project/study data.
8. Coordinate the submission of study results, articles, and manuscripts for publication, ensuring that all materials are compiled, formatted and submitted in accordance with requirements and that deadlines are met.
9. Conduct literature searches, seeking and recording information relevant and helpful to the project/study.
10. Oversee project/study database(s) and work with programmers in developing and upgrading database(s) to ensure maximum effectiveness.
11. Monitor project/study budget, ensuring that all financial allocations and expenditures are in accordance with grant/contract guidelines and regulations.
12. May coordinate the work of project/study staff.
13. Produce special and recurring reports.
14. Perform other responsibilities as required.
- Knowledge of the principles of cancer research, laboratory science, and histology are required along with working competency in MS Access. Experience in management of a histology resource is desireable.
- BA/BS in related field required. MA/MS desired. Minimum of three years post-master's or five years post-bachelor's project coordination experience in a research setting. - Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent communication, organization, and time-management skills are essential.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE