Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The successful candidate is primarily responsible for providing advanced technical support to Cepheid customers for high complexity cases including data analyses for all of Cepheid's product lines and instrument systems. The Technical Support Specialist III also provides support to Field Technical Support Specialists, Field Systems Engineers, and other Cepheid professionals located locally and globally, including distributors.
- Provides advanced phone and e-mail support on all Cepheid product lines.
- Documents customer reported complaints in the complaint management system.
- Follows procedures to ensure adequate complaint handling into call tracking database.
- Follows procedures set forth in ISO regulations and QSR for medical device.
- Conducts preliminary investigation and data collection for technical problems of diverse scope.
- Manages escalations to other departments as necessary.
- Reviews complaints for closures.
- Serves as a product specialist (i.e. super-user, subject matter expert) in highly complex product lines (e.g. BCR-ABL, Quant assays, Smart assays, etc.) and serves as trainer, resource, and mentor to other staff.
- Represents Technical Support in project and/or operations teams and communicates contributions and findings back to Technical Support.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by the Technical Support Manager.
- B.S. or M.S. in Science or Clinical Laboratory Science.
- 5 years and above of relevant experience or equivalent education in Technical Support or as a Medical Laboratory Technician or Clinical Laboratory Scientist in a hospital or commercial clinical laboratory.
- Extensive knowledge of all Cepheid product lines.
- Good understanding and ability to follow complex procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of molecular diagnostics.
- Knowledge and application of commercial computer application packages (MS Office, IE, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Thrives in dynamic, fast-paced, and constantly changing environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, and with strong attention to detail.
- Flexible to work different shifts, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE