Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Responsible for establishing and executing objectives, strategies, tactics, and action plans that will lead to achievement of budgeted sales results. The incumbent will lead the North America Sales Team in the development of sales opportunities, and ultimately conducting sales of the company’s products and/or services. Builds and develops a high performing, market development focused sales team in the achievement of financial targets set for the region while constantly maintaining a forecast view of future business potential. Together with his or her team owns the customer relationships and with other company resources ensures that PacBio is seen as a quality company to do business with. Working in partnership with Marketing develops the PacBio business understanding and approach within the region. Leads the way in ensuring that all business conducted within the region complies with all company legal, financial, moral and ethical guidelines
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Hires, develops and leads a high performing, professional sales team with appropriate geographic coverage to maximize business potential in the most cost effective manner.
• Leads from the front by accompanying sales people on customer visits to develop and drive business, mentoring and coaching in the field.
• Together with the sales team takes responsibility for account ownership.
• Works with all appropriate HQ functions, particularly Marketing, FAS and FSE teams appropriate to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Accurately forecasts future business potential on a regular basis while always maintaining a detailed knowledge of background behind opportunities.
• Ensures that the team appropriately utilizes all relevant company systems such as Expense Reporting Systems, CRM, etc. in a timely manner within the set expectations.
• Works with Marketing to understand Regional market and competitive trends, implement initiatives, and stage events to ensure that future potential is developed and maximized.
• Works with Marketing to develop sales tools, introduce them to the team and ensure that they are used effectively in developing the business.
• Represents the interests of the North America Region within the commercial Leadership Team; plays an active role within that team and executes upon relevant decisions.
• Fosters a global team spirit approach and where appropriate (e.g. sharing of best practices) works closely with Europe and Asia-Pacific regions.
• Develops and proposes an annual business plan for the Region inclusive of orders, revenues, headcount, etc.
• Works with Finance to develop appropriate incentive and commission plans to effectively drive the business.
•BS degree in Biological Science or related field.
•5+ years of proven, successful field sales management experience with ability to demonstrate development of high performing teams.
•5-10 years proven sales experience in the Biotechnology Tools market, preferably within the area of Genomics.
•Excellent sales skills, including prospecting, negotiating, listening and closing.
•Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
•Strong technical background in Molecular Biology or Genomics.
•Ability to do 40-60% travel time.
•Knowledge of key accounts and key researchers within the region.
•Proven ability to work remotely.
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the design, development and commercialization of innovative tools for biological research. The company has developed a novel approach to studying the synthesis and regulation of DNA, RNA and protein. Combining recent advances in nanofabrication, biochemistry, molecular biology, surface chemistry and optics, Pacific Biosciences has created a powerful technology platform called single molecule, real-time, or SMRT™, technology. SMRT technology enables real-time analysis of biomolecules with single molecule resolution, which has the potential to transform the understanding of biological systems by providing a window into these systems that has not previously been open for scientific study.