Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Competitive social benefits.
Since the initial launch of our first product in July 2005, our user base has grown exponentially to more than 100,000 worldwide, with all TOP 10 Big Pharma on our customer list. We are experiencing strong growth and continued demand for extending our commercial product offerings. We have the world’s leading Next Generation Sequencing bioinformatics platform solution, ensuring accelerated future growth.
CLC bio is looking for an experienced bioinformatics field application scientist, to be located anywhere in Central Europe or the UK, with good international traffic connections, operating home-office based. The person will report directly to the Director Sales EMEA of CLC bio.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work in a number of different roles in a very dynamic and innovative environment. The main objectives will be to support and establish NGS/Genomics products and solutions of the company in the market (pre- and post-sales support), to work directly together with international colleagues of the company as well as with Key Account customers, scientific opinion leaders and decision makers.
As the range of tasks is very broad, we are looking for somebody experienced, with a motivated and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Actively supporting pre-sales activities in order to grow the company’s businesses in the EMEA region, such as :
• visiting prospective large customers and potential Key Account customers
• running seminars, solution presentations (internet-based and on-site) and “hands-on” workshops,
• establish and grow personal relationship to key personal of Key Account customers, scientific opinion leaders, decision makers, business partners etc.
• attending scientific conferences, participation and organization of trade shows and commercial exhibitions
• performing company presentations, writing application notes and tutorials etc.
• Actively supporting post-sales activities in the EMEA region to ensure and establish customer satisfaction
• providing individual front-line technical support to global/national Key Account customers
• performing user trainings, workshops, seminars etc.
• participation and organization of user group meetings etc.
• monitoring the trends in the markets and the activities of the competition, feeding back these information into the company
• Any other tasks as required by the changing circumstances of this fast growing organization.
We offer :
• A competitive salary and social benefits.
• A career in an exciting, innovative target market, experiencing exponential growth world-wide
• Working in a company at the forefront of the molecular biology revolution, with innovative and cutting edge NGS bioinformatics technology solutions
Minimum Requirements :
• Scientific background – preferably PhD degree – in Molecular Biology or another Life Science subject
• 3+ years of sales and/or technical support experience with software and services, preferably in the NGS/Genomics and/or bioinformatics area
• Excellent communication skills required, English fluently (business level), at least one more language fluently
• Formal business knowledge and training experience is an advantage.
• Excellent customer service skills, enthusiastic attitude, and solid work ethics.
• Ability to work in a multi-national team, productively, structured, self-organized, in a highly dynamic and innovative environment.
For additional information about the position please contact Director of Sales, EMEA, Dr. Ernst Arnoldi, on +49 151 4674 2364.
If you are interested and fulfill the requirements, please send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are reviewed continuously.
CLC bio, a QIAGEN Company
Please, NO phone calls or e-mails from third-party recruiters!
CLC bio, a QIAGEN Company, is an established world-class bioinformatics software and hardware solution provider, serving the analysis needs of biological researchers within pharmaceutical, agro, biotech, clinical, and academic segments with a strong focus on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
We provide the solutions that scientists seek to accomplish their everyday tasks. CLC bio’s motto “Accelerating Scientific Results” is our statement of commitment to the real science behind our solutions.