Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
The Therapeutic Target Discovery group seeks a Scientist to analyze proprietary and public data to support our high-throughput gene knockout phenotypic screen as well as to implement and develop a data analysis pipeline using cutting-edge algorithms and statistically sound methodologies. The successful candidate would take a systems biology approach to analyze the data obtained from standard assays including but not limited to: lacZ reporter gene expression mapping, morphological phenotyping, serum chemistry, hematology, microCT/PIXI, tumor phenotyping, immunophenotyping, and next generation sequencing-based Transcriptome analysis.
- Meta-analysis of both historical and current phenotyping data to identify correlations and trends that ultimately lead to new biological insights and potential new therapeutic targets
- Develop new and refine existing data collection methods amenable to systems biology data analysis
- Communicate results, refine analysis based on feedback, and plan/prioritize follow-up experiments
- Prepare clear, concise and easy-to-understand presentations and documentations for collaborators, senior management, and when relevant publication
- Participate in team effort of organizing and integrating proprietary and public data to enable data sharing with and visualization for bench scientists
- Contribute to team effort of developing data collection strategies and establishing data analysis best practices
Experience and Required Skills:
This position requires a PhD in biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, biophysics, computational biology or systems biology with a strong publication record and 3-7 years postdoctoral experience in an academic or industry setting.
- Expertise in understanding gene knockout techniques and phenotyping efforts
- Experience with analyzing public phenotyping data from repositories such as MGI, Sanger, UC-Davis
- Familiarity with bioinformatics tools and software such as R, Linux, Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, Ruby on Rails, MATLAB, SOL, web programming, SpotFire
- Keen interest and determination to be at the cutting-edge of algorithms and model building
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Team spirit and commitment to share and collaborate
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with modeling (e.g., machine learning) and network building (e.g. relationship networks)
- Experience with image analysis would be highly desirable
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies:
Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com . Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE