Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Courtagen Life Sciences is a CLIA-certified and CAP Accredited genetic testing laboratory currently focused on neurological and metabolic disorders has an immediate opening for a Variant Scientist to join our growing team.
• Daily processing, interpretation and analysis of genetic variants that are identified through next-generation DNA sequencing in a clinical diagnostic laboratory setting
• Curating and creating internal databases for pathogenicity assessments
• Processing and scoring variants in accordance with company SOPs
• Reporting daily to a supervisor on the variant processing status and performance
• Communicating frequently with the Laboratory Directors regarding variant assessment
• Interaction with the bioinformatics group regarding technology needs
• Communicating with other members of the company regarding new gene tests
• Publication of scientific data regarding identified variants
Key skills for this position are: excellent analytic skills, excellent writing and communication skills, organization, meticulousness, ability to critically read, understand, and interpret data from scientific publications on a daily basis, ability to meet deadlines and work in a dynamic setting, and ability to learn and adapt to use bioinformatic software. Experience with DNA sequence analysis, next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies, use of online databases and in-silico tools for predicting variant pathogenicity is highly preferred.
• This position requires a B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Life Sciences (Molecular Biology/Genetics) or a board-certified Master's degree in Genetic Counseling, with a strong background in Molecular Genetics and a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
• A background in Human Genetics is preferred.
Courtagen Life Sciences is located in Woburn, MA. We are a pioneering company that's always on the lookout for highly motivated individuals who, like us, believe in the values of teamwork, cooperation and shared success. We offer a friendly and stimulating professional environment for workers seeking to make a big difference in life sciences by delivering innovative products and services. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courtagen Life Sciences is a privately held life science company that provides innovative genomic and proteomic products and services for physicians and the Life Sciences industry. Founded by innovators in next-generation sequencing (NGS), genetics, molecular biology, and information science, our company delivers tools that enable researchers and clinicians to make better decisions regarding patient care and drug development.