The role of the IT Project Manager/Administrator is to manage a Planview Portfolio Program/Project Management (PPM) system implementation, perform configuration and administration of the Planview system, and create Planview reports and dashboards for the Information Technology (IT) organization. The position involves interacting with project managers in the IT Project Office, the Planview administrator within the corporate Program Management group, and business relationship managers and functional managers within IT. The position reports into the IT Project Office and services the Information Technology organization.
Project initiation and planning
- Determine project stakeholders and team structure/organization; stakeholders will include technical and business resources
- In conjunction with project stakeholders, help ensure definition of project scope, requirements, and deliverables
- Develop project schedule and milestones using appropriate tools and techniques
- Project execution and monitoringTrack and manage project tasks, milestones, and deliverables
- Ensure project documentation deliverables are produced in a timely and efficient manner
- Identify and resolve project issues and roadblocks
- Organize and coordinate software release activities including User Acceptance Testing and production release
- Ensure completion or resolution of all project deliverables at the end of the project
- Conduct and document lessons learned to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
IT Project Office/PMO
- Disseminate and demonstrate best practices from the IT Project Office and corporate Project Management Office (PMO)
- Provide feedback on practices, procedures, and policies based on project experiences
- Act as a promoter of and mentor on project management standards (i.e. PMBOK®)
System configuration and report developmen
- Configuration and administration of the Planview IT portfolio, configuring all Planview product modules.
- Collecting IT portfolio report and dashboard requirements and developing Planview reports and dashboards.
- Produce project communications plans including meeting structure and frequency and status reporting at multiple levels
- Conduct routine project management meetings
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis for the Planview implementation, report development, and the administration of the system.
- Facilitate and/or present program-level status updates
Education & Training
- Project Management Institute PMP® certification preferred
- BS Computer Science, Information Science, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration
- Strong proficiency with Planview Portfolio, Program, and Project Management (PPM) software (i.e., foundations, portfolio, program, and project planning, capacity resource and demand management, financials, time tracking, and reporting) and other project management software, such as Microsoft Project.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements to technical requirements and experience with configuring software applications.
- Good communication skills including written, oral, presentation (including Microsoft PowerPoint), and adaptive (multi-level)
- Good organizational skills including tool utilization (project management tools, spreadsheets, mind maps), information capture, attention to detail, and prioritization
- Strong interpersonal skills including empathy and the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Flexible to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines; able to promptly and efficiently react to project adjustments and alterations
Knowledge & Experience
- Planview system implementation management, system configuration and report development experience; experience developing Planview reports beyond modifying the base product reports using Planview's Insight Analytics Reporting module is preferred.
- 5-10 years direct work experience in a project management capacity for IT application solution implementation projects
Solid understanding of solution development life cycles, contemporary methodologies (agile, iterative and incremental), and standards; previous hands-on solution development, systems analysis, and system configuration experience is highly desirable
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- Travel Requirements: No or minimal travel
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE