We have been retained to find a Head of Scientific Support to work closely with our rapidly growing customer base using the Genomic Analysis Platform for the analysis of NGS datasets. This role is based in company headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area and will involve occasional travel to customer sites around the US, and potentially Europe.
This senior, and highly visible, role reports to the Sr. VP, Business Development and will drive customer support and satisfaction across a wide range of scientific programs and customer applications. This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to establish and implement many of the customer facing processes that ensure world class scientific support and satisfaction.
This person will be a primary interface to our rapidly growing customer base including scientific collaborators, customers and prospects. They will work closely with the Development team to come up to speed on Company products and services and serve as a key conduit of customer suggestions back into the Development team.
They will also work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to help ensure a positive customer experience, both pre-sales and post-sales. They must possess a deep knowledge of Genomics and Next Gen Sequencing (NGS) technologies and bioinformatics, including the ability to understand, interpret and troubleshoot issues found in customer datasets.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
• Build, maintain, and manage relationships with our growing customer base and maintain high quality, rapid response times and follow-up to ensure successful customer support
• Establish and implement systems to evaluate, prioritize and respond to incoming phone, email and in person requests for assistance from both new and current customers
• Provide scientific and technical guidance regarding the use of Company products to both existing and prospective customers
• Develop, write, and edit technical documentation and training materials for internal and external customers
• Serve as one point of input to the Company product development teams, representing the voice of the customer
• Develop and help implement a customer support / issue tracking database
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
• A Ph.D., M.S, or B.S. in the Computer Sciences or Life Sciences with at least 5 years relevant commercial experience
• Deep and current domain knowledge of Genomics / NGS / Bioinformatics is required
• Experience supporting NGS instruments, software and/or services
• Practical Sequencing and/or NGS data analysis experience is highly desirable
• Linux system administrator, shell scripting, and python experience strongly preferred
• Scripting programing experience highly desirable
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams and manage complex, cross- functional projects is required
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required
• Must possess and demonstrate excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (as required to meet the needs of the business) is required