Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions.
Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
Designs, specifies and commissions new and renovated biopharmaceutical process equipment. Provides engineering support and problem solving for existing equipment and manufacturing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designs and specifies cGMP process equipment, piping, and/or controls.
- Manages small-to-mid sized projects related to process equipment and manufacturing.
- Assists in the design review, site acceptance and installation of equipment.
- Prepares piping and instrumentation diagrams and other related drawings.
- Develops Process Flow Diagrams for manufacturing processes.
- Supports QA/Validation department by preparation of design documents and assists in protocol execution.
- Assists in investigations of process equipment, utility systems, and control system anomalies, as well as safety incidents.
- Implements corrective/preventative actions for existing equipment and manufacturing processes.
- Prepares engineering evaluations and test plans for and executes modification change control documentation.
- May supervise mechanical, electrical, and automation contractors.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment by enforcing procedures, policies, and regulations.
- Maintains company reputation by enforcing compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- May supervise Contract Engineers, Construction Contractors and Automation Contractors.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of cGMPs and sanitary equipment design requirements.
- Working knowledge of process control systems and automation.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering documentation required for cGMP process equipment.
- Substantial knowledge of clean room design & function and biopharmaceutical equipment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to understand project plans and schedules.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, database management software, CAD software, and PCs.
Education and experience: Requires BS/BA or higher in chemical engineering with 5+ years of experience in equipment process engineering. Direct experience with biopharmaceutical process equipment is preferred.
May substitute relevant experience for education.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies:
Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE