Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Product Manager for qPCR instrumentation will be responsible for managing all commercial aspects of our flagship analytical instrument product portfolio. This individual will manage the product life cycle ranging from product requirements, pricing proposals, participating in key product core teams and launch activities to ensure alignment with Fluidigm’s strategic goals. This role will interact cross functionally with other departments including Sales, Regional Marketing, Global Marketing, Customer Support, Finance, R&D and Manufacturing. It will also interact closely with the other product managers to provide the system and software features necessary to support their businesses. To be successful, this individual will need to understand our customer's applications in gene expression, genotyping, digital PCR and have a successful track record working in a fast-paced environment, and have equal comfort in managing day-to-day tasks in addition to long-term planning activities.
Bachelors in Biological Sciences, Genetics or related field; experience with the qPCR market and instrumentation is preferred
• Must have minimum of 9 years of Life Science industry and 3 years in Marketing or any combination of education and experience. Direct experience in Product Management of instrumentation is preferred.
• Must have experience defining product requirements and working with R&D to ensure development of products based on customer and business requirements
• Must have proven track-record of outstanding performance in interacting with customers and various internal organizations
• Direct experience working with international (multi-location) companies highly desired
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Excellent communication and team management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
• ~25% travel.
HR & Staffing
Fluidigm Corporation, based in South San Francisco, CA, is a cutting-edge biotechnology company that develops and manufactures complete systems based on its patented microfluidic valve technology. Fluidigm is the industry leader in Single Cell Genomics and have the best and the most innovative products. The newly launched Single-Cell AutoPrep System enables our customers to rapidly and reliably isolate, process and profile individual cells for genomic analysis.