Fluidigm Corporation, based in South San Francisco, California, is the market leader in single-cell genomics and we are looking for a field-based applications scientist who will become the technical expert in the Pacific Asia-Latin America (PALA) and China regional commercial organization. He or she will be responsible for keeping up to speed with protocol and application developments in this field and distributing this knowledge and expertise to the regional colleagues and channel partners. In addition to these responsibilities, he or she will remain a resource for providing technical support and guidance to customers on the operation and applications of Fluidigm’s other product lines (BioMark, EP1 and Access Array) across all applications, as and when needed.
The successful candidate is highly self-directed, conscientious, articulate, and possesses excellent presentation and teaching skills. He or she is also committed to total customer satisfaction with outstanding interpersonal skills and professionalism. Being a proven team player is essential as this position is expected to have a great degree of overlap with various interdisciplinary groups within the organization.
· Use internal and external resources to become an expert in the field of single-cell genomics. Be recognized across the company as an expert and use knowledge gained to provide feedback, share best practices and insight to colleagues cross-functionally and cross-regionally.
· Actively disseminate knowledge in single-cell genomics to PALA commercial team, to enable the whole team to be able to support the company activities in the field of single cell genomics for both pre- and post-sales activities.
· Own the demonstration activities for the C1 Single-Cell Auto Prep system in in the region - qualify these opportunities beforehand and lead to the highest chance of a successful demo and instrument purchase. Design, execute and analyze cell-based proof of principle experiments; generate reports and present data.
· Use close customer relationships to identify networks and actively provide feedback of relevant information on potential customers to sales colleagues.
· Provide management with clear overview of the regional single-cell market opportunities and developments in a timely manner.
· Work closely with regional marketing and corporate product marketing teams to ensure PALA single-cell pre-sales activities such as road shows and tradeshow presentations are appropriately planned for and well-supported.
· Establish a strong working relationship with each of the PALA distributor partners to ensure that Fluidigm’s single-cell genomics products are promoted well and adopted in their countries.
· Must display confidence and strong communication skills.
· Develop technical solutions to complex problems with ingenuity and resourcefulness.
· Become knowledgeable with all Fluidigm products and applications and engage in both pre- and post-sales support activities with customers when required.
· Be involved with troubleshooting, often under challenging conditions, as needed.
· Document customer relations and interactions in the CRM software adopted by the company.
· Report on field activities on a weekly basis to management through written reports and/or regular telephone conversations.