Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Fluidigm Corporation seeks an outstanding individual, with proven record of bringing successful, commercial systems to the market, to join a vibrant interdisciplinary group of scientists and engineers to develop innovative instrumentation for single cell analysis, sequencing, genotyping, and gene expression products.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to,
• Work closely with marketing, hardware engineer, firmware engineer, and application scientist to define/specify instrumentation control software (including diagnostic/calibration tools) for our next generation of state-of-the-art instruments.
• Design, document, implement, and test/debug instrument control software and tools.
MS. In Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related Physical Sciences.
• 10+ years working experience in commercial software product development
• 5+ years working experience in instrumentation development, preferably in life science industry.
• Strong C#/C++ design, development and debug skills in Microsoft Windows environment.
• Strong object-oriented software architecture and design.
• Strong knowledge of core computer science concepts - scheduling algorithms, state machine implementations, intra/inter-process communications
• Highly self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and detail-orientated.
• Good experience in all phases of software product lifecycles.
• Good understanding of basic mechanical and electronic concepts.
• Software development experience in Apple’s OS X, iOS6, and Android is a strong plus.
• Outstanding oral/written communication and organization skills.
HR & Staffing
Fluidigm Corporation, based in South San Francisco, CA, is a cutting-edge biotechnology company that develops and manufactures complete systems based on its patented microfluidic valve technology. Fluidigm is the industry leader in Single Cell Genomics and have the best and the most innovative products. The newly launched Single-Cell AutoPrep System enables our customers to rapidly and reliably isolate, process and profile individual cells for genomic analysis.