- Passion for the application of new tools and clinical evidence to evolve the ability of the field to interpret complex sequence-based tests and advance patient care.
- Clinical evaluation and interpretation of sequence-based clinical diagnostic tests.
- An energetic individual with excellent verbal and written customer communication skills.
- Strong scientific and clinical analytical thinking, including critical review of human genetic disease literature.
- Recognized leader in the human genetics or oncology community.
- Familiarity with content sources used for interpretation of human sequence variants.
- Understanding of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis.
- Interest in teaching and advancing clinical practice.
- Experience using public databases and literature to interpret genetic variants.
- Research or clinical experience with hereditary disease or oncology.
- 2+ years experience with preparation of reports in a clinical diagnostics setting for oncology or hereditary diseases.
- 2+ years experience providing genetic counseling.
- 2+ years clinical experience in cancer genetics or adult genetics.
- Experience developing practice guidelines or educational resources for medical geneticists.
- MD, DO, or PhD in human genetics or related field.
- Board eligible or certified by American Board of Medical Genetics (ABMG)
- Certification by the American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC)
- California Clinical Genetic Molecular Scientist License
- Fellow of the American College of Medical Genetics (FACMG)
- Some travel will be required to represent the company at industry events and interact with customers and key opinion leaders in the field.