Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Sales Operations Leader coordinates customer focused commercial activities required to ensure revenue targets are met, including such activities as quoting, IPA renewal processes management, and SFDC management & training.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using knowledge of company products, services, support and technology, oversees sales operations activities to achieve company goals.
- Acts as Commercial liaison, representing the “voice of sales” in operational, system, and finance meetings and discussions.
- Maintains and manages customer relationship database – Salesforce.com (SFDC). Maintains and enhances SFDC, product/service costing models, and sales quote tools.
- Manages sales and customer account administration as swell as the monitoring, planning, and implementation of projects that support order processing activities.
- Manages customer quoting process and workflow.
- Coordinates with Sales to generate customer usage reports to support the sales and renewal process.
- Maintains relationship with field personnel to ensure timely, accurate, and prompt forecast submissions.
- Works with Sales and Finance Departments to develop and administer the company’s worldwide sales forecast.
- Responsible for organizing financial modeling and statistical studies for sales department.
- Performs budgeting, planning, and analysis activities for sales operations.
- Analyzes sales-related metrics associated with such things as the order pipeline, bookings, revenue, forecasting, revenue reporting, sales productivity and goal attainment.
- Performs regular variance analysis for expenses and budgets.
- Performs staff support activities needed for the development, implementation, communication and administration of sales commission or incentive programs, plans, policies and quotas.
- Resolves revenue reconciliation issues.
- Maintains information needed to track revenue.
- Analyze sales performance results and prepare presentations and recommendations for sales and/or finance management.
- Contributes to the development or improvement of systems to effectively track or capture data.
- Ensures compliance with Company revenue recognition policies for booking and shipment of orders.
- Coordinated with Sales Representatives to provide sales documentation and satisfy customer requirements.
- Acts as liaison to market research team to ensure market anaylsis data is properly used for quoting prices to customers.
- Minimum of 5 years sales operations experience, preferably in Life Sciences or Software.
- Highly proficient in SFDC (custom reporting, needs assessment, operational flow, etc.)
- Highly proficient with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Knowledge of the Life Science marketplace is highly desired.
Please apply online on
Job ID 2401
Ingenuity Systems is a part of the QIAGEN family, and together we are developing a combined NGS sample to insight workflow. QIAGEN N.V., a Netherlands holding company, is the leading global provider of Sample & Assay Technologies that are used to transform biological materials into valuable molecular information.
Ingenuity® Systems is a leading provider of biomedical information and analysis solutions for the exploration, interpretation and analysis of experimental data for the life sciences community. The company is recognized as a technology leader providing complete solutions for researchers to better understand the complex systems at the heart of human health and disease.
Ingenuity is a group of creative, energetic people helping life science researchers understand the biological mechanisms that cause human disease. Ingenuity’s industry-leading technology platform was built by our team of interdisciplinary, entrepreneurial researchers, scientists and engineers that are passionate about improving human health through the intelligent use of semantic technologies. We have used this technology to develop the industry-leading analytic platform for pathway analysis and systems biology research, and are now expanding to develop new solutions for the life sciences and healthcare markets. We are passionate about our users, our products, our technology, and our vision, and are looking for intelligent, talented and entrepreneurial developers who are eager to join our world-class team. Ingenuity is a professional work environment, valuing work life balance.