· Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, Bioinformatics, Biology, or another relevant field is required.
· Must have demonstrated experience designing computational methods and tools, including
prior experience with algorithms relevant to computational biology. Skill and experience with
probabilistic modeling and statistical analysis is strongly preferred.
· Have previously published articles relevant to computational biology or genomics.
· Familiarity with next-generation sequence data analysis tools, ideally for Illumina.
· Familiarity with a range of sequence alignment tools, ideally those used for RNA-Seq (Trinity,
· Must have demonstrated proficiency with several of the following technologies: Unix, Perl, Python,
Java, C++, R, and ideally have experience with relational databases (MySQL, SQLite) and web
· Basic understanding of molecular biology and next generation DNA sequencing
· Understanding of gene structure annotation and alternative splicing, and experience using
· Ability to work independently while making necessary connections with experts in various
computational analysis groups
· Highly collaborative and works well with others.
· Self starter, highly motivated
· Extraordinary enthusiasm for computational molecular biology
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent organization and time management skills
Salary Grade Info