Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Associate Histotechnologist is responsible for performing skilled and accurate cutting on patient specimens under the supervision of Pathologists, interacting with sending sites and ordering physicians, performing quality control and specimen-related checks and complying with all applicable local, state, and federal laboratory requirements.
The high complexity nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety, and immediately communicating these to the appropriate management representatives as necessary for prompt resolution
- Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in Histology including sectioning and H&E staining under the supervision of Pathologists.
- Perform macrodissection of samples under the supervision of Pathologists.
- Training on workflow queues
- Prepare reagents, solutions and controls.
- Perform and document equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Assist in sample returns as necessary.
- Interact with internal Pathologists, GHI associates and external customers in accordance to GHI SOP's to ensure specimens are processed in a timely manner with high quality.
- Process specimens for research and development sponsored studies.
- Assist in the identification of opportunities for process improvements for GHI Histopathology.
- Assist in workflow, protocol and related SOP development.
- Assist in equipment specification, installation, and maintenance.
- Provide summary reports on process metrics as needed.
- Contribute to corporate strategy for additional regulatory approvals (CAP, FDA, etc.) relating to GHI Histopathology.
- Assist in running projects for development of GHI Histopathology around new product (service) and process development
- Perform other duties/participate in tactical development projects as necessary
- History of effective Histology technique and related laboratory skills or one year's experience in a high throughput laboratory production environment using LIMS, ERP, Data Management systems, or other workflow infrastructure.
- First rate interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly detail and quality oriented
- Strong computer skills
- Minimum of an Associate Degree (A.A.) or equivalent required
- BS degree in Life Sciences or a related field or equivalent preferred
- ASCP Board of Certification, e.g. HT(ASCP), HLT(ASCP), counts as one year of experience
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
- Some lifting (less than 25 pounds) may be necessary
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, tissue specimens and instruments with moving parts, lasers, heating and freezing elements, and high speed centrifugation
- Repetitive manual pipetting may be necessary
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE