Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented, driven well-rounded and experienced Logistics Manager to be responsible for managing the flow of materials from the source of supply directly to the customer and/or third-party logistics provider.
The ideal candidate has the skill and vision necessary to lead the set-up, implementation and day-to-day operations of a scalable “world class” receiving, storage, and distribution strategy for the company. This person must have experience in all aspects of Logistics management; including, export compliance, cold-chain shipping, large instrument shipping, and strong interpersonal skills for dealing with all levels of the organization.
The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to pursue innovative solutions based on an assessment of business requirements. This person should have a successful track record of playing a leadership role in the selection and implementation of Logistics systems, including; bar coding and shipment traceability. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to smoothly transition between a “hands-on” mode of management to a “coaching and empowerment role” and back as circumstances dictate.
This Position reports to the Senior Director of Supply Chain.
• Responsible for the strategic planning of internal and external logistics operations. Play an active role in designing and implementing scalable “best practice” inventory control systems (inventory accuracy, process excellence, LEAN techniques, KANBAN, and bar coding) including, Direct Fulfillment.
• Direct all receiving, stockroom and shipping activities to ensure that company business needs are met.
• Responsible for internal communications and presentations related to key performance metrics, program updates and on-going program information.
• Manages logistics-related data to support internal and external customers in the day-to-day general areas of, supply, technical requirements, , safety and documentation development, and maintenance. Investigates potential risk and other matters of significance, and provides and implements solutions.
• Negotiates with Logistic supply partners to meet technical requirements. Manage on-going Logistic supply partner relationships.
• Works in conjunction with various parties such as sales operations and field support to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term customer satisfaction.
• Selects and hires employees. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance performance and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
• Drive effective change which directly contributes to reduced costs, increased revenue, enhanced efficiency, and other improvements company-wide.
• Play an active role in working with Finance and Manufacturing to establish a roadmap for the implementation of systems compliant with Sarbanes Oxley, ISO, and FDA.
• Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
• Root cause analysis and problem resolution for all logistics operations.