Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
HudsonAlpha offers a competitve benefits package
The Genomic Services Laboratory (GSL) is seeking a computationally-minded individual to join our informatics team. The team member will assist with analysis of large genomic data sets and keep lab operations streamlined by developing and maintaining our LIMS system. The work will involve collaboration with other groups at HudsonAlpha, as well as investigators from institutions around the world. The successful candidate will have experience programming for a Unix environment, as well as basic proficiency with databases and web development. Experience or education in genetics or biochemistry is a plus. Experience using bioinformatics tools such BWA or GATK is a bigger plus.
* Develop and maintain our web-based LIMS system.
* Develop automated pipelines for analysis of genomic data.
* Code custom analysis tools for research projects.
* Ensure data integrity and availability to GSL clients and collaborators.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline.
* A biology degree will be considered with significant, demonstrated computational experience
* 4 – 6 years of computational experience preferred.
* Experience using modern object-oriented programming languages.
* Experience with front-end and back-end web development.
* Experience using SQL and relational databases.
* Must be comfortable using a Linux command-line environment.
* Experience with a modern MVC web framework such as Django or Flask.
* Some experience administering Linux web servers.
* Experience with cluster computing.
* Experience working with genomic data or large data sets.
* Experience using git or similar version control systems.
* Ability to communicate and work well in a team environment.
Please visit us at: http://hudsonalpha.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to apply for this excellent career opportunity.
HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology is a non-profit institute dedicated to innovative genomic technology and sciences across a spectrum of biological problems. Its mission is three-fold: sparking scientific discoveries that can impact human health and well being; fostering biotech entrepreneurship; and encouraging the creation of a genomics-literate workforce and society. The HudsonAlpha biotechnology campus consists of 153 acres nestled within Cummings Research Park, the nation's second largest research park. Designed to be a catalyst for biotechnology economic development, its state-of-the-art facilities co-locate scientific researchers with entrepreneurs and educators. The relationships formed on the HudsonAlpha campus allow colaboration to yield results in health care.
Since opening in 2008, HudsonAlpha has built a global name for itself in genetics and genomics research, and biotech education, and it boasts 23 biotech companies on campus.