Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
HudsonAlpha offers a competitve benefits package
The HudsonAlpha Genomic Services Laboratory (GSL) is seeking a creative, dynamic and experienced individual to join our group as an Associate Director of the Genomics Services Lab. The team member will oversee day-to-day operations of the laboratory and assist in protocol development, project management, and streamlining laboratory operations. The Associate Director will work closely with the GSL Lab Manager to manage the other staff in the lab. Exceptional written and personal communication skills are needed as there will be substantial involvement in collaboration with other groups at HudsonAlpha, as well as investigators from institutions around the world. The successful candidate will have significant critical problem solving skills, a creative and outgoing personality and the desire to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
* Oversee laboratory operations and project management.
* Develop and optimize laboratory protocols and SOPs.
* Evaluate and manage partnerships with other institutions and commercial partners.
* Ensure project integrity and effective communication to GSL clients and collaborators.
* Masters or PhD degree in a relevant field (biology, computer science, engineering, or a related discipline).
* Experience in the genomics field including sequencing, bioinformatics, and sample preparation.
* Experience in RNA isolation, DNA isolation, PCR and related molecular biology
* Some exposure to robotics and laboratory automation.
* Must be comfortable working with the analysis and informatic software tools used for routine genomic analysis.
* Experience managing large, complex projects.
* Significant experience with Illumina and Ion Torrent sequencing.
* Experience working with RNAseq, ChIPseq and whole-genome workflows.
* Familiarity with linux computing and some experience with scripting languages.
* Experience managing a research or clinical laboratory.
Please visit us at: http://hudsonalpha.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to apply for this excellent career opportunity.
HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology is a non-profit institute dedicated to innovative genomic technology and sciences across a spectrum of biological problems. Its mission is three-fold: sparking scientific discoveries that can impact human health and well being; fostering biotech entrepreneurship; and encouraging the creation of a genomics-literate workforce and society. The HudsonAlpha biotechnology campus consists of 153 acres nestled within Cummings Research Park, the nation's second largest research park. Designed to be a catalyst for biotechnology economic development, its state-of-the-art facilities co-locate scientific researchers with entrepreneurs and educators. The relationships formed on the HudsonAlpha campus allow serendipity to yield results in health care.
Since opening in 2008, HudsonAlpha has built a global name for itself in genetics and genomics research, and biotech education, and it boasts 23 biotech companies on campus.