Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
To Be Negotiated
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced cell culture specialist to support the generation and quality testing and inventory of our current products and the development of future products. The role is laboratory based. This role will take on the responsibility for the development of standard laboratory procedures and upkeep of all laboratory practises including but not limited to laboratory experiments, product production, inventory maintenance, SOP creation and documentation of laboratory procedures - ensuring consistency and accuracy in all materials and at all times. The incumbent will have a minimum of 5 years experience working in ISO or cGMP commercial laboratories.
• Deriving human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs)
• Generating functional cells and stem cells from the hPSCs
• Product QC using common molecular biology techniques (i.e. PCR, ELISA and immunofluorescence imaging, etc.)
• Design and perform experiments
• Be able to develop and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure consistent and compliant application of policies and programs throughout the lab.
• Take on a lead role in department operations (e.g. filing reports, technical documentation).
• Comply with required quality procedures including maintenance of a signed bound laboratory notebook and ensuring departmental compliance with this regulation.
• Organise and delegate general lab duties (e.g. production, inventory of supplies, waste disposal, safety measures)
• Training of new staff
• Providing technical support to clients
• Inventory Management, including planning and purchasing of laboratory supplies to maintain constant production within budget and in specified timeframes.
The Candidate • The successful candidate will hold a postgraduate degree in molecular or cell biology (PhD level), and have significant expertise in mammalian cell culture.
• The candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills. English as a native language (preferred).
• The ability to present clear, precise summaries of scientific data and to understand and use new instrumentation.
• Self-motivated, organized with excellent independent troubleshooting ability.
• Prior experience with gene editing or hPSC differentiation technologies would be desirable.
• Additionally, the candidate should be efficient, proficient and extremely well-organised (excellent time management is imperative) as well as comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment.
• Excellent communicator who takes a dynamic and pro-active approach to finding effective ways to achieve deliverables
• Proven team player, able to establish a shared vision and work together to achieve shared objectives
Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered for this role. Relocation packages are not being offered.
The above job description is designed to give an overview of the tasks and responsibilities for this position. The company will, however, evolve and grow over time to meet practice and market demands. The selected individual will be expected to embrace such changes and rise to the challenge of developing their skills over time.
Before sending any CVs to Axol you must have Terms and Conditions and fees agreed to by the HR department.
Please also note that any unsolicited CVs submitted to us automatically become the property of Axol Bioscience Ltd. Axol upholds the right not to work with agencies that do not follow the above guideline.
Human Resources at Axol Bioscience Ltd.
Axol is a young and vibrant biotech company headquartered on the Babraham Research Campus in Cambridge, UK. We expect to see significant growth through milestone driven strategy and global diversification. As we expand, we will bring on a plethora of exceptional talent to help us further extend our manufacturing and marketing capabilities. These talented people will help us to diversify our product lines, enabling us to become the leading global market authority for iPS Cell derived research components.
Please visit our website for more details: www.axolbio.com