We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced cell culture specialist to support the generation and quality testing and inventory of our current products and the development of future products. The role is laboratory based. This role will take on the responsibility for the development of standard laboratory procedures and upkeep of all laboratory practises including but not limited to laboratory experiments, product production, inventory maintenance, SOP creation and documentation of laboratory procedures - ensuring consistency and accuracy in all materials and at all times. The incumbent will have a minimum of 5 years experience working in ISO or cGMP commercial laboratories.
• Deriving human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs)
• Generating functional cells and stem cells from the hPSCs
• Product QC using common molecular biology techniques (i.e. PCR, ELISA and immunofluorescence imaging, etc.)
• Design and perform experiments
• Be able to develop and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure consistent and compliant application of policies and programs throughout the lab.
• Take on a lead role in department operations (e.g. filing reports, technical documentation).
• Comply with required quality procedures including maintenance of a signed bound laboratory notebook and ensuring departmental compliance with this regulation.
• Organise and delegate general lab duties (e.g. production, inventory of supplies, waste disposal, safety measures)
• Training of new staff
• Providing technical support to clients
• Inventory Management, including planning and purchasing of laboratory supplies to maintain constant production within budget and in specified timeframes.