Genomic Health, a global health company founded in August of 2000 and located in Redwood City, California, is committed to improving the quality of cancer treatment decisions through the research, development and commercialization of genomic-based clinical laboratory services. To that end, the company conducts sophisticated genomic research to develop clinically-validated molecular diagnostics which provide individualized information on response to certain types of therapy, as well as the likelihood of disease recurrence. These diagnostic technologies generate information that healthcare providers and patients can use in making treatment decisions.
The Contracts Manager is responsible for facilitating and managing the entire contract life cycle of Managed Care contracts, working closely with Field Managed Care in developing and maintaining agreements that provide medical providers and patients with access to our assays while aligning with Genomic Health's goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with the Field Managed Care team to develop account-specific objectives to support the overall strategic Managed Care business plan, including the potential financial impact of various scenarios.
- Develop contracts/amendments/notifications for Managed Care customers and collaborate with Field Managed Care team in negotiations with payers.
- Manage contracts through the contract process including review of documents, obtaining all information necessary to successfully implement the contract, obtaining approvals (including development of business cases for proposed terms), communicating appropriate information to the appropriate parties, and updating all relevant systems.
- Communicate with appropriate departments (e.g., billing and reimbursement teams, finance, customer service) throughout the contracting process to provide updates, discuss potential operational issues, and develop and follow up on plans to address such issues.
- Manage payer specific and national price changes (e.g., monitoring timing, performing calculations, communicating with payers and internal departments)
- Develop and maintain contract templates, including facilitating review with appropriate internal parties and legal.
- Responsible for overall project management of Contracts
- Less than 25% travel
- BA/BS required
- 5-10 years contracting experience within the healthcare industry
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Managed Care payers and reimbursement process
- Understanding of market-related issues, contract development, negotiation, and pull-through as well as the legal and regulatory implications associated with private and government payer contracting
- Ability to present recommendations supported by analytical evaluations
- Knowledge of billing and coding is desirable
- Ablility to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with internal teams
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE