The Senior Benefits Analyst is a hands on position responsible for Genomic Health's domestic benefits plan and program analysis, implementation, maintenance and administration.
The position provides an exciting opportunity for an innovative, articulate, highly-motivated achiever with a passion for the Human Resources function to utilize expertise and unique knowledge within a consultative approach to solve diverse problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. This individual will partner with the existing HR team to actively participate in both day-to-day, support project based cross-functional department activities, as well as supporting the implementation of long-term tactical plan where benefits are involved.
This individual is expected to exercise good judgment in selecting appropriate methods to deliver results and will direct outside personnel at service providers and brokers.
- Performs staff support activities to analyze, implement, communicate and administer benefit policies, programs and costs.
- Ensures company compliance with federal and state laws related to benefits.
- Develop and champion wellness program.
- Develops and/or participates in benefit surveys to collect and analyze competitive information to determine company's competitive position.
- Administers and communicates the company's benefit plans / programs in regard to plan options, policy features, enrollment and other requirements.
- Responsible for the maintenance of human resource information systems (HRIS) associated with the collection, retrieval, accessibility and usage of employee benefit information for Human Resource department planning and activities.
- Maintains internal benefit database files and tables and develops custom reports to meet the requirements of Human Resource management and staff.
- Often works with payroll and its personnel to coordinate retrieval and reporting functions.
- Draft or update benefit policies and procedures to reflect new and current practices as needed with an eye toward best practices
- Answers questions about benefit policies and procedures.
- Project support for implementation of new domestic or international benefit plans / programs.
- Manages relationship between GHI and external benefit broker and benefit service providers
- Organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Technically savvy and systems oriented with strong knowledge in database structure
- Ability to multi task between different projects and day to day activities
- Able to work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation
- The ability to effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Knowledge in MS Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Knowledge in HR systems and database applications
- Good communication skills - both written and oral
- B.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in HR or equivalent
- 5 -8 years work experience in Human Resources, preferable experience in benefits and HR systems
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Work as part of a team
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- Occasional travel domestically and possibly internationally
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
- Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE