Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Position Summary: The Statistician/Bioinformatician would be primarily responsible for detection and discovery of generic variants through analysis of large-scale clinical sequencing data sets.
• Finding phenotype-genotype correlations by performing statistical tests on large-scale, genomic and clinical datasets
• Creating/maintaining/tuning relational database(s)
• Writing scripts and programs to display results from statistical tests
• Creating a user interface for geneticists who want to find statistically significant genetic variants using their own search criteria
• Conduct data mining in order to discover new disorders and assist in publishing findings
• BS/MS/PhD in biostatistics, statistics, computer science or related fields
• 3+ year commercial experience as a statistician
• Recent coding experience with Ruby or Python
• Experience in designing and implementing SQL (Oracle, MySQL) and noSQL (mongoDB) databases.
• Experience with multiple operating systems, including Linux
• Experience with software deployment in cloud highly desirable, especially Amazon AWS experience
• Experience with designing graphical user interfaces (GUIs) is a plus
• Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
• Start-up experience is a plus
• Experience with next generation sequencing (NGS) is a plus
Courtagen Life Sciences is located in Woburn, MA. We are a pioneering company that's always on the lookout for highly motivated individuals who, like us, believe in the values of teamwork, cooperation and shared success. We offer a friendly and stimulating professional environment for workers seeking to make a big difference in life sciences by delivering innovative products and services. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Courtagen Life Sciences is a privately held life science company that provides innovative genomic and proteomic products and services for physicians and the Life Sciences industry. Founded by innovators in next-generation sequencing (NGS), genetics, molecular biology, and information science, our company delivers tools that enable researchers and clinicians to make better decisions regarding patient care and drug development.
Courtagen Life Sciences is a CLIA-certified and CAP Accredited genetic testing laboratory currently focused on neurological and metabolic disorders has an immediate opening for a Statistician to join our growing team.