AKESOgen, Inc. is a biobanking and genetics/genomics service CRO that caters to Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Government and Academic Sectors. The company is now looking for an experienced Laboratory Manager/Director to serve as a key player and pivotal scientist in the company.
The position involves taking a lead role in all current genetic technologies, data mining/bioinformatics, experimental design, methods design, and training other staff to use standard and new genetics technologies as required. The position manages all scientific and technical aspects of projects and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in the laboratory including project workflows, equipment, consumables and quality assurance to ensure projects are executed in a timely manner and to the highest possible quality standards. The position reports in to the Chief Scientific Officer.
Experienced Laboratory Manager/Director accountable for all aspects of AKESOgen’s Laboratories.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities and Competencies:
• Detailed knowledge and extensive experience with biobanking and sample management, automated laboratory technologies including DNA/RNA extraction, capillary sequencing and Next Generation Sequencing, genotyping, expression and methylation profiling.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and proactively performing a wide range of highly technical and complex research and laboratory tests and procedures.
• Formally manage/supervise other laboratory staff.
• Designs, analyzes and interprets the results of studies.
• Responsible for reporting out results to clients in a timely manner.
• Investigates and recommends alternative approaches to improve the quality of results in the laboratory as necessary.
• Manages project related information systems and databases and has experience with laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
• Implements new approaches and techniques into laboratory protocols when required.
• Supervises staff by orienting and training in specialized procedures as necessary. The methods include, but are not limited to the creation of SNP maps, analysis of genes, transcripts, expression, methylation, genotyping and sequencing technologies.
• Familiarity with clinical certification and knowledge of laboratory CLIA/CAP, GxP and ISO requirements
• Accountable for current and revised SOPs and proactively developing new SOPs when appropriate.
• Responsible for keeping an inventory of laboratory consumables and interacting with vendors to obtain competitive pricing on consumables.
• Holds laboratory or other project management meetings on a regular basis.
• Takes Site responsibility when Chief Scientific Officer is not present.
• Responsible for safety in the laboratory.
• Demonstrates a high level of ethics in all aspects of professional practice.
• Prepares budgets, quotations and invoices when required.