PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Experience typically gained through obtaining M.S. + ~ 2 years post degree employment experience
· Direct experience with next generation sequencing data generation and analysis strongly preferred
· Ideal candidate will have experience working in a multi-disciplinary development team, and will have delivered production applications to external or internal users
· Bioinformatics experience (or other big-data, compute-intensive work) a big plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Expertise in software development for internal or external user community
· Knowledge of software development processes and practices including, automated testing, source control and defect tracking tools and processes, development tools
· Experience developing Perl or Python applications (including: module development, object-oriented, development multicomponent applications)
· Knowledge of Java preferred
· Experience with relational databases and technologies (SQL/PL-SQL, Oracle thru SQLite, database APIs) an asset
· Enthusiastic, collaborative and motivated developer
· Ability to work under pressure with strict attention to deadlines and details – ability to prioritize for success
· Thrive in collaborative team environment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
M.S. degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science (or related discipline such as Bioinformatics) with post-graduate experience (>2 yrs), or a B.S. degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science (or related discipline) with experience (>6 yrs). Experience in a Bio/biotech setting strongly preferred.