The Product Manager will provide leadership and execution for the clinical product offering of the Ion Torrent business of Life Technologies. This person will develop and manage a portfolio of products, including DNA sequencing panels to be used as Laboratory Developed Tests as well as DNA sequencing panels designed for European IVD registration, U.S. FDA clearance, and other regulatory schemes. S/he will be responsible for development of product strategy, product definition, positioning, and product lifecycle management.
Essential responsibilities include:
• Lead new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, value proposition development, definition of customer and product requirements, management of product launches, and sales training.
• Determine content and priority of sequencing panels through voice of the customer research and business case development.
• Assist in the development and execution of a global strategy for IVD system filing.
• Develop marketing plans for assigned product line.
• Manage worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio.
• Update, maintain and present forecasts to management, finance, and manufacturing teams
• Analyze market trends and competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation.
• Work collaboratively with other members of Ion Torrent team to drive growth for the business segment.
• Approximately 15% travel (international and domestic) is required
Candidate must possess:
• Strong customer focus including the ability to define customer requirements from a diverse customer base.
• Strong business skills including the ability to identify new, sustainable sources of revenue and synthesize a decisive path forward based on all available information.
• Strong technical knowledge of genomics, next generation DNA sequencing, and molecular biology products, preferably in the clinical/LDT market segment.
• Proven ability to build relationships and guide teams which include representatives from multiple functional areas, including R&D, Sales, Program Management, and Manufacturing.
• Experience managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams.
• Ability to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables.
• Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation techniques.
• Aptitude for excelling in a high demand environment and possess the ability to be assertive in high pressure scenarios
• Ability to present technical information and business related material to diverse audiences
• General knowledge of industry practices for developing, promoting and selling similar products.
• Analytical, project management and planning skills necessary.