Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The ideal candidate will have a BS/MS in Robotics, Opto-Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent with several years of experience using, building & integrating complex instrumentations in a biotech field. The candidate will be mainly responsible for defining metrics, developing testing protocols and implementing test tools to ensure the performance of our sub-systems. Responsibilities include developing test plans, writing test cases, and implementing and executing automated tests to verify the hardware and software. He or she will also be responsible for transferring knowledge to manufacturing and supporting the deployment of our products.
Hands-on with a strong SW background, the candidate will be asked to align and troubleshoot systems, identify opportunities for quality improvements, provide root causes of complex HW-SW interaction problems, and communicate test results and corrective recommendations to the team. He or she will work closely with design teams to understand and resolve product performance issues.
The candidate will possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Additionally, he or she must be a strong team player, detail-oriented, able to take initiative, and work effectively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- BS/MS in Robotics, Opto-Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent related field with 5+ years of experience.
- Experience with automation, integration and test of high tech instruments is a must.
- Knowledge in opto-mechanics, electro-mechanical actuators, jigs and fixtures of various sorts.
- Experience in C# and Python is required.
- Knowledge of C, C++, and scripting language is a plus.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and data analysis skills.
- Hands-on experience in working with guided and free space optics, robotics & metrology equipment.
- Experience in all phases of the product development cycle from basic research, development, manufacturing and field support.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Product development and / or industry experience in a multidisciplinary biotech environment is a plus.
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the design, development and commercialization of innovative tools for biological research. The company has developed a novel approach to studying the synthesis and regulation of DNA, RNA and protein. Combining recent advances in nanofabrication, biochemistry, molecular biology, surface chemistry and optics, Pacific Biosciences has created a powerful technology platform called single molecule, real-time, or SMRT™, technology. SMRT technology enables real-time analysis of biomolecules with single molecule resolution, which has the potential to transform the understanding of biological systems by providing a window into these systems that has not previously been open for scientific study.