Layer, Chiang, et al. Genome Biology
There is a regular, full-time Senior Technical Information Scientist (Clinical Services) position available in beautiful Farmington, Connecticut at The Jackson Laboratory’s JAX Genomic Medical Center. The successful candidate will be a highly-trained, self-motivated research scientist excited about science but looking for an alternative to a career writing grants and performing experimental bench work.
• Working closely with the Genomic Science Liaison (GSL) and Clinical Lab Director to ensure continuity throughout the customer’s experience with JAX Clinical Services
• Assisting JAX Clinical team by functioning as a Clinical Report Writer. Work closely with Data Curators and Clinical Lab Director to ensure completeness and accuracy of clinical reports
• Providing internal educational and technical support that will enable the field based team members to gain an understanding of the clinical assays to help the field team in their efforts to identify and inform new customers.
• Support GSL in the education and selling of clinical genomic services. This will include both webinars and on-site presentations ices
The Senior Technical Information Scientist role includes the opportunity to:
• Interface with researchers world-wide
• Travel and deliver scientific presentations
• Develop educational marketing literature
• Build technical sales skills
• Remain current in your field of interest
• Participate in leadership opportunities
• Continue to develop your scientific career as part of a diverse, dynamic team, within a non-profit business setting
A PhD in the biological sciences is preferred, but a Master's degree with extensive research experience, including human genetics, will be considered. The successful candidate will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong problem solving skills, the ability to multitask and the ability to travel (10-25%) to deliver engaging presentations to large audiences. Research experience in immunology, autoimmunity/inflammation, or metabolic disease is an asset
Interested individuals should apply on-line by submitting a cover letter and resume as one document by uploading or copy & pasting at www.jax.org/ Career Opportunities, referring to job requisition #3945.
The Jackson Laboratory is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution based in Bar Harbor, Maine, with a facility in Sacramento, Calif., and a new genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Conn. We employ more than 200 Ph.D. scientists and a total of more than 1,400 employees. In 2011 and 2012, researchers voted The Jackson Laboratory among the world’s top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in a poll conducted by The Scientist, a magazine for people working in the life sciences. The Laboratory draws on an 83-year reputation for excellence in mammalian genetics, built on the groundbreaking discoveries of its own researchers and on the development and global distribution of the most diverse collection of genetically unique mouse strains in the world. The Jackson Laboratory is a National Cancer Institute – designated cancer center. Our research covers a broad range of genetic disorders, including cancer, diabetes, neuromuscular and neurodegenerative disorders, autoimmune disorders, and conditions related to reproduction, development and aging. The Laboratory’s mission is to discover the genetic basis for preventing, treating and curing disease, and to enable research and education for the global biomedical community.