Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
This position is in the Biotechnology group and is primarily a bench level job focusing on product development of nucleic acid-based amplification tests in an FDA-QSR and ISO9001 compliant organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in general molecular biology methods, including real time PCR assay optimization, along with a background and interest in human pathogens and infectious diseases. This position requires a person to be goal-oriented, organized, and be able to thrive in an atmosphere of shifting demands and priorities.
- Assist in optimization of real time PCR assays for the GeneXpert platform, including sample preparation steps, to meet and exceed critical test specifications.
- Assist in the growth and enumeration of microorganisms of interest.
- Contribute to the development and completion of verification and validation SOPs and technical reports.
- Maintain detailed experimental records.
- Present data at technical meetings.
- Bachelor in Molecular Biology, Genetics or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years directly related laboratory experience in biotech industry, public health lab, or academic lab.
- Real time PCR or RT-PCR and medical product development experience.
- Must possess skills/knowledge in handling clinical samples and be able to work in a BSL-2 laboratory.
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft computer programs.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team-based environment and with external collaborators is expected.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE