The Sample Accessioning Technician provides a vital link between the GHI customers, internal customer service and the commercial operations group. The Sample Accessioning Technician is responsible for handling and recording all tissue specimens sent to Genomic Health, Inc. for testing. Part of the accessioning process involves contacting physicians and various other personnel when information is incomplete or unacceptable. During the performance of this role, there is likely to be a wide variety of questions and comments that come through these channels from a diverse group that may include health care professionals, insurance company claims managers and many others.
It is imperative that the Sample Accessioning Technician have a demonstrated ability to work independently, but also function effectively as a member of the GHI team. Attention to detail and ability to focus are imperative qualities.
In addition to the primary role of sample accessioning, there will be a need to provide back-up support to the customer service group, on an as needed basis. The Sample Accessioning Technician will need to understand not only the technical aspects of the services that GHI offers, but must also possess the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all individuals, including external customers and other internal GHI personnel. The impressions we create when we interact with those people who seek us out will play a significant role in establishing favorable perceptions of the Company and its products.
- Sample Accessioning Technicians are required to support the operational lab staff with sample intake and accessioning.
- This will entail following all relevant SOPs in logging newly received samples into the SARP and CRM databases;
- Contact physicians and various other medical personnel for information required to complete the sample accessioning process
- Work closely with Quadax, our reimbursement and billing vendor to coordinate information on payor requirements and benefits as needed.
- Document all phone calls and follow up activities in CRM and SARP according to Standard Operating Procedures and Customer Service Department Policy.
- Provide assistance and information to callers in accordance with official Standard Operating Procedures for Customer Service.
- Assist in building on existing customer base by providing the highest level of customer service and support.
- Strong customer service orientation and willingness to prioritize needs of those seeking information from the Company
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to multi-task and an attention to detail
- Comfortable in working in a laboratory environment and able to handle specimens
- Experience following and/or developing SOPs
- Flexibility with respect to working hours as some shifts will require early morning arrivals to handle calls from East Coast
- Significant PC knowledge & Windows OS experience
- Minimum of 2-4 years customer service experience in health care/lab or pharmaceutical, industry preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Able to legally perform duties within the United States without restrictions
- No disqualifications for employment in the US lab industry as determined by the Federal Government
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE