- Minimum of Bachelor of Science or equivalent, graduate degree preferred MS or degree in forensics, veterinary sciences/animal health/medicine, food science a plus
- Coursework in Microbiology and/or bacteriology a plus
- The position will focus on genomics and immunoassay solutions for the Applied Testing markets.
3 - 5 Years
Implementation of QIAGEN’s corporate strategy for penetration of the Applied Markets customer base. Capture defined key accounts and execute pricing strategy to maintain existing business and develop organic business. Disseminate global strategy to develop regional objectives and tactical plans.
Sales Revenues / Budgets:
Meet/Exceed/Monitor sales targets. Increasing sales of all QIAGEN products by managing all sales functions i.e consumables/specialists /instrumentation and developing tactical plans to maximize revenues. Capture defined key accounts and execute pricing strategy to maintain existing business and develop organic business.
Planning / Forecasting:
Responsible for the development/agreement and monitoring of annual sales targets, key performance indicators and revenue forecasts. Forecast within accuracy guidelines utilizing company sponsored CRM system. Perform pre-call planning and/or coordinating with sales team for increased sales effectiveness.
Business / Markets:
Drive and initiate development of new business opportunities. Increase number of strategic partnerships. Enhance customer satisfaction and increase our competitive advantage while building trust and relationships with customers. Maintain and develop strong relationships with key customers/opinion leaders/references.
Organisation of meetings/communication channels to ensure effective communication across business units. Involve and support sales team members to achieve mutual company goals and financial objectives. Daily use of CRM database for input and output of customer information to increase sales effectiveness. Maintain and develop relationships with key customers. Maintain open and reoccuring communication with your manager and additional business/segment teams.
To coach and collaborate with less experienced peers so that they have the direction, skills and tools to achieve targets.
- Able to work within the various sales members within QIAGEN (territory reps, inside sales, Sales Specialists, Sales Development Managers; and Service Solutions team).
- Ability to work with various levels of customer accounts; bench level, lab manager, technology experts, and organizational directors.
- Maintenance of key opinion leaders, seminars, national conferences, references and other as applicable
- Considered nationally as a key knowledge holder for specific markets or applications including; ability to relay these proprietary technologies to customers, Consortiums, Industry standards and/or Regulatory guideline.
- Contributes to Sales and Marketing product development including:
- Communicate with internal knowledge expects and marketing management
- Convey market feedback and market analysis for new concepts and products
- Identifies and analyses customer needs, requirements and concerns and ensures the delivery of products, services and solutions that enhance the value for the customer to maintain and expand customer relationships.
- Understands own and others’ roles and demonstrates commitment to team goals, understands and sustains the implications of own team output for the business. Builds and maintains a network of company-wide contacts to achieve business results.
- Proven experience in project management and complex sales, communicating with various support members; developing and sustaining cooperative working relationships within team and supports others recognizing collective responsibility for team output