Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Translate the latest bioinformatics and big data solutions into production-grade software systems for the analysis of bioforensic and metagenomic samples.
- Lead the NBACC genomics software team, guide software engineering best practices, and maintain test procedures for computational pipelines.
- Design, develop, and deploy software for multi-core and high-performance computing (HPC) systems based on requirements specified by principal investigators for the analysis of massive genomic datasets.
- Provide analysis support for existing projects involving Illumina and Pacific Biosciences DNA sequencing technologies.
- Independently research, evaluate, and incorporate new algorithmic solutions within the arena of DNA sequencing and bioinformatics.
- BS or MS (or equivalent) in computer science or related computational discipline with experience in bioinformatics and/or analytical software development.
- Fluency in multiple programming languages required for small and large-scale tool development and scripting (e.g. Bash, Python, C++).
- Expertise in developing and operating in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Proficiency with SQL and one or more database management systems.
- Familiarity with computing clusters and associated management software (e.g. Condor, SGE, Hadoop).
- Must be a citizen of the United States able to obtain a government Interim Secret clearance leading to an eventual Top Secret clearance as well as meet Suitability requirements for the Department of Homeland Security.
Apply here: https://home.eease.com/recruit2/?id=6326421&t=1