Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
The Metabolic Disease Group at Regeneron is committed to discovering novel targets and innovative medicines to treat diabetes, dyslipidemia and obesity.The incumbent will help advance the metabolic project portfolio with target validation for new projects and studies to support antibody development.The incumbent will be responsible for providing scientific direction, technical expertise and leadership, coordinating activities with project teams, other labs and groups across the organization.
Responsibilities for this individual will include, but are not limited to:
- Review scientific literature to identify areas and approaches for target discovery and for findings relevant to present programs.
- Design and perform experiments for target identification and validation for new projects.
- Support antibody-based therapeutics development projects with in vitro and in vivo studies.
- Responsible for overseeing lab work, providing technical expertise and coordinating activities with other labs and project teams at Regeneron.
- Communicates effectively with collaborating scientists, project teams and senior management on scientific progress and new data. Publish data in scientific journals.
- Participates in staff development, resource allocation and performance management.
- May be responsible for supervision of Research Associates as may be assigned.
- PhD and/or MD with a minimum of three years of research experience.
- Documented strong scientific credentials, known and respected in his/her field of research.
- General knowledge of state-of-the art technologies and approaches to support drug discovery programs.
- Experience with mouse genetic and disease models for validation of targets and characterization of antibodies for metabolic diseases is essential.
- Knowledge of molecular biology, biochemistry and protein analytical techniques and use of cell-based assays for mechanism of action studies would be an advantage.
- Strong command of academic or applied research efforts, scientific literature, and knowledge of key opinion leaders in the area.
- Candidates with expertise in metabolic disorders are preferred.
The successful candidate will be a decisive and results-oriented individual who is flexible, team-oriented, creative and able to excel in a multi-project, fast-track environment.
He or she will be a strategic thinker who interacts and collaborates with project teams, peers and management in identifying and achieving discovery goals from both scientific and strategic perspectives.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies:
Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com . Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE