Complete Genomics, Inc. is looking for a Vice-President and General Manager, Health Division, to join the Complete Genomics executive leadership team. The GM will lead the company’s clinical diagnostics business unit and be responsible for both the development and commercialization of molecular diagnostics services. This is an exciting opportunity to launch molecular diagnostic products in the North American market. The ideal candidate will be an innovative, results-oriented leader with proven entrepreneurial skills and experience in leadership roles in the molecular diagnostics industry with the capabilities to lead the strategies and hands-on daily activities to start-up and grow a business.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice-President and General Manager, Health Division, will have strategic and day-to-day responsibility to lead the development and commercialization of molecular diagnostic products in the North American market.
- Provide overall leadership and strategy for the Complete Genomics’ clinical diagnostic business unit in North America.
- Lead the development of sequence-based molecular diagnostics in collaboration with Complete Genomics and its parent company, BGI. Responsible for driving the business unit to achieve sales, profitability, business goals, and objectives.
- Be an integration leader of a CLIA lab and lead the direction and operations of the molecular diagnostics lab, including all regulatory compliance matters.
- Develop and market through appropriate channels. Lead the commercialization and revenue generation efforts of the clinical diagnostics business unit. Review plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain requirements to develop new markets.
- Implement the strategy into operations, including setting up appropriate organization structures and goals for the business unit. Support brand management and creation of reputation by delivering products and services of the highest quality and continuously enforcing the value system of the company.
- Responsible for business unit budget, including budgetary planning and implementation and production efficiency
- Responsible for resource allocation and planning to ensure delivery of business benefits. Grow, motivate and develop a high performance team in support of priorities and strategies. Attract, recruit and retain required members not currently in place. Provide mentoring to enable a strong culture of collaboration, entrepreneurship, and achieving results while ensuring the integration of quality and service in day-to-day operations.
- Publicly represent Complete Genomics clinical diagnostics business unit with external constituency groups including community, governmental, and private organizations and build excitement for the company’s mission. Be a spokesperson and champion for Complete Genomics in the industry and within BGI. Manage and cultivate external business relationships, prospecting to generate leads through local companies, and partnerships. Stay abreast of the local market and build strong channel relationships with commercial brokers.