Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Production Supervisor (graveyard/weekends) will supervise production staff by organizing and monitoring work flow.
Shift: graveyard (9:00 pm - 6:00 am) providing coverage for the weekends (SAT and SUN) and 3 days out of the work week (M-F).
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; developing reporting procedures and systems; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Understand, train personnel, and enforce strict adherence to the applicable SOPs of the Quality System, as well as the Manufacturing Guidelines
- Assist in attaining quarterly and annual production goals
- Learn and enforce company safety policies and practices
- Lead or support Lean Manufacturing initiatives that involve a cross-functional team (outside of Operations)
- Generate/review ECO that impacts manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level
- 3 to 5 years in an FDA/ISO regulated manufacturing environment; 2 years minimum in a leadership role
- Possess the skills necessary to create and lead a culture of commitment to the values vital to organizational development and growth
- Proven ability to deliver productivity to plan
- Willing to resolve problems
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse groups, incorporate the input of others to improve our processes, and align with internal customers
- Committed to developing and empowering others; to accomplish goals through the skills of persuasion, influence and negotiation
- Must have excellent communication skills (listening, written, verbal, presentation)
- Ability to interface and exchange information with all levels within the company's workforce
- A team player that works with management and technicians to strive for continuous improvement
- Knowledge of bills of materials and other planning activities
- Supervisory/leadership background
- Demonstrated proficiency of manufacturing systems and requirements, including cGMP/GLP practices
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE