The Project Manager will be responsible for working with the Assistant Director of Academic Affairs to manage projects primarily in support of the Broad’s academic community and the alignment of that community with the rest of the Institute.
- Manages the process of Core Faculty recruitment, including coordinating searches with Broad faculty and partner institutions, creating job advertisements, managing applications, organizing review committees, coordinating interviews and job talks, coordinating with home department at partner institution and administrative offices at Broad
- Manages the process of appointing and reappointing Associate Members, including soliciting applications, organizing a review committee, and working with departments at the Broad Institute and partner institutions to ensure smooth appointments, assists associate members with administrative-related matters such as staff appointments or computer accounts at Broad.
- Serves as liaison with the faculty home departments at partner institutions, including overseeing coordinating faculty tenure and promotions processes.
- Works with Events Planning staff to coordinate the development of workshops/educational initiative.
- Provides guidance and support to the community of academic trainees and staff scientists, helps develop and coordinate career development programs, community-building activities and new initiatives.
- Works with HR to manage postdoc annual reviews and appointments, monitor policies and procedures related to academic trainees and recommend changes when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 - 7 years of project management experience preferable in an academic setting
- Experience working in scientific environments, and familiarity with Boston’s biomedical community preferred.
- Must have a deep understanding of academic and scientific culture and faculty affairs.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to deliver on complex goals within a diverse professional setting.
- Must be willing and able to develop and shift plans in service of a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong skills in identifying, analyzing and resolving issues both independently and in collaboration with all levels of scientific and administrative staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The Broad Institute will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE