The Vertebrate Genomics team seeks a research manager to assist the PI (Team Leader), with planning and co-ordination of external grants and overall scientific management to ensure that all of the funded projects with the team are running smoothly. The post will be based at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) which is located on the Wellcome Trust Genome Campus near Cambridge in UK.
The main responsibilities of the Research Manager will be:
• Management of on-going activities and reporting for existing externally funded grants from the Wellcome Trust, EU, NIH and UK research councils in coordination with the EBI and EMBL grants offices.
• Lead the organisation, planning and preparation of grant applications to relevant funding agencies.
• Monitor the budget and staffing of the team.
• Assisting in the preparing of publications, press releases and other external communication.
• Arranging, planning and ensuring regular attendance at internal meetings among the major projects of the Vertebrate Genomics Team including Ensembl.
• Assisting in the scientific aspects of organising and planning relevant events such as conferences, meetings of scientific consortia and the scientific advisory board meetings for the team's major projects.
• Act as a key link between the PI and the administration of the EBI and EMBL.
The EBI is part of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) and is Europe's leading provider of information services to biological researchers in academia and industry.