Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
1) Research focusing on data mining and analysis witin translational clinical and molecular subsets;
2) Use and development of probabilitic models and statistical methods, to answer current research questions; and
3) Analysis of clinical and molecular data and preparation fo scientific publications and commercial reports.
1) PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or similar
2) A good track record of productive research in the life sciences, evidenced by peer-reviewed publication record
3) Has the aptitude for and experience in collaborative research
4) Possess very strong analyticl skills and applied informatics experience
5) Proficiency in data formatting and scripting skills, R, Matlab, C++ is preferred
Established in 2007, the Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences (SICS) is a research institute within the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), and its mission is to develop disease-oriented clinical and translational research programmes in key disease areas.
SICS is distinguished by its focus on clinical sciences and the use of innovative approaches and technologies that enable the efficient and effective study of human health and diseases. The clinical scientists in SICS conduct the full spectrum of “Bench to Bedside” research activities in:
•Metabolic diseases - including diabetes, obesity and insulin resistance
•Pathways to normal growth and development - including cognitive and behavioural development
•Nutritional sciences, through its core platform - Clinical Nutrition Research Centre (CNRC).
The computational biology group at the Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences (SICS), Agency of Science and Technology Research (A*STAR), invites applications for a postdoctoral position in the area of biostatistics or bioinformatics. The successful candidate will join an established research team focusing on understanding molecular and biomedical data from observational and interventional clinical studies.
SICS is part of large collaborative translational clinical research programs generating world-leading data. This is an opportunity to work with clinicians and translational scientists to contribute to the understanding of highly prevalent developmental diseases and the next generation of molecular diagnostics. At SICS we collaborate extensively with commercial partners and the successful candidate will be part of team interacting with the pharmaceutical and nutritional industries.