Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Laboratory Technologist will work as part of a team in our CLIA-certified diagnostics laboratory performing DNA sequencing for the purposes of detecting genetic abnormalities.
• Receive training on and follow Standard Operating Procedures
• Receive and prepare samples for processing
• Entry of requisition information into the LIMS systems
• Storage and disposal of specimens
• Preparation of reagents for diagnostic testing procedures
• Perform the technical duties of a Laboratory Technician/Production Scientist. Techniques may include: Sanger sequencing, capillary electrophoresis, and mutation detection using DNA-based assays
• Perform and document results of clinical validation experiments
• Participation in proficiency testing as proscribed by the College of American Pathologists Accreditation Program. Ensure availability of laboratory reagents and supplies
• Maintenance of assay documentation including that of specimen handling, labeling, and worksheet preparation
• Perform DNA isolation, Illumina sequencing, and analysis of assay results
• Perform quality control instrument and procedural calibrations and equipment maintenance
• With team members, resolve actual and potential problems that may adversely affect test performance or results
• Use of robotic liquid handlers, general laboratory equipment and knowledge of Molecular Biology techniques
• Experience with Next Generation Sequencing, Sanger sequencing, capillary electrophoresis, and mutation detection using DNA-based assays
• BS Degree in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences or Medical Technology and a minimum of 1 year of relevant full-time sequencing laboratory experience, preferably in a laboratory that was CLIA-licensed
• Experience working in a high throughput production environment
Courtagen Life Sciences is located in Woburn, MA. We are a pioneering company that's always on the lookout for highly motivated individuals who, like us, believe in the values of teamwork, cooperation and shared success. We offer a friendly and stimulating professional environment for workers seeking to make a big difference in life sciences by delivering innovative products and services. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courtagen Life Sciences is a privately held life science company that provides innovative genomic and proteomic products and services for physicians and the Life Sciences industry. Founded by innovators in next-generation sequencing (NGS), genetics, molecular biology, and information science, our company delivers tools that enable researchers and clinicians to make better decisions regarding patient care and drug development.
Courtagen Life Sciences is a CLIA-certified and CAP Accredited genetic testing laboratory currently focused on neurological and metabolic disorders has an immediate opening for a Laboratory Technologist to join our growing team.