Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
We are looking for a highly qualified and motivated scientific associate to join the GCLP portion of the Genomics lab in the newly established Next Generation Diagnostics (NGDx) group within NIBR.
The successful candidates will participate in the GCLP experimental design, handling of day to day experiments, including DNA and /or RNA analysis, operating Illumina sequencing equipment, establish and maintain systems, policies and procedures to ensure product quality and compliance. Candidates will also be expected to recognize problems, troubleshoot effectively, provide input on solutions, present experimental results at team meetings, and follow the established relevant laboratory HSE policies and procedures.
To qualify, candidates must have:
• B.S. / M.S. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics with at 2-10 years industry or equivalent academia experience.
• Proficiency with basic molecular biology techniques, DNA and RNA quantification technologies, PCR, qPCR (or TR-PCR) and hybridization are required.
• Experience with next generation sequencing technologies is preferred and experience with lab automation and/or robotics is a big plus.
• Extensive knowledge of CLIA, GLP and Clinical Laboratory QA/QC procedures.
• Candidates must have good organizational and interpersonal skills. A working knowledge of data management, word processing, and graphical software is essential.
• Recording and processing data in accordance with GXP, CLIA and/or CAP guidelines.
• Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively are essential.
For more information and to apply, please visit:
About Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research:
The Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research is the global pharmaceutical research organization for Novartis. The NIBR research network is comprised of more than 6,000 scientists, physicians, and business professionals working together across 10 locations around the world to discover innovative medicines that treat diseases with high unmet medical need. Novartis employs more than 2,000 associates in Cambridge, making it the city’s largest private employer and ideally situated in one of the leading life science communities in the world.
NIBR conducts research globally with sites in Emeryville, California; Cambridge, MA; East Hanover, NJ; Basel, Switzerland; Horsham, UK; and Shanghai, China.
About the Next Generation Sequencing Group
The ability to sequence each patient’s genome in great detail, quickly and inexpensively, is changing the practice of medicine. At NIBR, we are dedicated to the development of therapies that improve clinical outcomes for patients. Next generation sequencing and other cutting-edge molecular characterization technologies will be important tools for discovering breakthrough therapeutics, and for delivering the right medicines to the right patients.
NIBR is launching a new Next Generation Diagnostics (NGDx) group at our global headquarters in Cambridge, MA. The NGDx team will leverage cutting-edge technologies such as next generation sequencing for characterizing human tissues, by individual lesions and by pathway signatures relevant to therapeutic response. The goal is to develop a robust and comprehensive molecular profile for each patient. To this end, the group will begin by developing capabilities to characterize therapeutically relevant genetic lesions and pathway signatures in human cancer