Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Operating costs such as course fees, project expenses, travel and stays abroad, etc. are subsidized by the project.
Within RTH material has been collected for a range of diseases and will be combined with in silico generated information of structured RNA and a range of information such as expression and (protein and RNA) binding generated from predictions and experiments. A key goal of the project is to filter and rank selected candidates for detailed molecular functional analysis with respect to the disease samples. Pipelines for expression analysis, data integration and statistical analysis will be developed within the project.
The applicant should hold professional as well as personal skills and qualifications as stated below:
• A master degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science or similar.
• Very strong experience with script languages such as Perl or Python (or similar).
• Strong experience with the linux/unix environment, command lines and shell scripting.
• Experience with statistical analysis.
• Differential expression analysis (with background correction / multiple testing).
• Possess good interpersonal skills.
• Be excellent in English, writing and speech.
In addition to the above, weight will be given to applicants meeting one or more of the following requirements:
• General knowledge about RNA structure folding algorithms.
• C or C++.
Application deadline is: 8th September 2013.
For contact information, full posting and online application procedure visit http://jobbank.ku.dk/job/395276/koebenhavns-universitet/phd-fellowship-i....
For more information about the RTH center visit http://rth.dk.