Cepheid is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Automation Technician to support manufacturing for the Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday graveyard shift, 11pm-9:30am.
Position is contract for 6 months.
- In this role, you will be a hands-on technician in the Equipment Engineering Department and will be the primary support to production in troubleshooting and resolving manufacturing equipment downtime to ensure maximum output.
- You will work closely with Production and Engineering to monitor equipment status and performance.
- You will be proactive in addressing problems using the appropriate troubleshooting and repair techniques.
- You will carefully document all repairs and the appropriate adjustments made.
- In addition, you will assess the equipment's performance and repair history and work with engineers to plan a preventative maintenance schedule as well as work on equipment upgrades as appropriate.
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years experience as an Equipment Technician.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Have basic knowledge working with MS Office.
- Must have solid understanding of interpreting manuals and schematics and have strong knowledge in mechanical alignment and the troubleshooting of automated equipment.
- Must have experience working with pneumatics.
- Familiarity with PLC controls, Automation; Robotics, Microswitches, Synrad Lasers.
- Basic usage of hand tools and the ability to use multimeters to trouble shoot equipment problems.
- Previous work experience in a Manufacturing environment; ability to repair equipment timely under pressure situations.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE