Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
This role is to provide bioinformatics test support for Illumina’s data analysis software. As a Bioinformatics Test Engineer you will work in a cross functional team to perform verification and validation on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data both locally and in the cloud.
The successful candidate must be a fast learner with strong sense of ownership, motivation, and detail orientated.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Work independently in cross-functional teams to lead the testing effort for bioinformatics data analysis software
• Develop, modify, and execute software test plans and test cases
• Develop and execute automation script for data validation
• Work with software developers, bioinformatics scientists and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving the verification process
• Collaborate with peers to identify opportunities for process improvement
Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Science, Biological Life Science
• 2-4 years’ experience working in the areas of genetics, NGS technique, bioinformatics tools or algorithm development
• Working knowledge of Linux and Windows OS, experience with scripting (Bash, Python) and object-oriented programming (C#)
• Proven experience using a systematic approach and using diagnostic tools for software troubleshooting
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• PhD Degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Science
• Bioinformatics software development or testing
• Familiarity with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL), Cloud computing (Amazon Web Services), and web service
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Illumina (www.illumina.com) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. We provide innovative sequencing and array-based solutions for genotyping, copy number variation analysis, methylation studies, gene expression profiling, and low-multiplex analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein. We also provide tools and services that are fueling advances in consumer genomics and diagnostics. Our technology and products accelerate genetic analysis research and its application, paving the way for molecular medicine and ultimately transforming healthcare.