The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's.
Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Join us and make a difference!
Shine, an oncology specialty store, is a retail store operated by the Seattle Cancer Care. This 2,000 sq ft shop will answer needs of cancer patients throughout the Puget Sound region and will serve the South Lake Union neighborhood with a diverse product offering. The shop is contemporary in design while focused on a service based mission. Open 6 days a week, this upbeat and busy store looks to solve problems and build loyalty in an under served market.
The Mastectomy Fitter and Oncology Sales staff member is responsible for providing mastectomy, compression garment, and oncology product fittings for customers of Shine. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service and compassionate care to all customers. Position will assist with product ordering, inventory management and sales of oncology products. Responsibilities will also include participation in product education for customers and providers and enhancing personal knowledge of oncology products and offerings. This position is responsible for preparing paperwork required for medical billing and communicating with customers about insurance coverage related to oncology products. In addition, this position will also provide assistance with general mercantile sales and supporting the entire Shine operation.
This position works with some independence and is expected to use judgment in carrying-out duties within the framework of department policies and procedures. Additional duties may be assigned as needed to support the mission of Shine and the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- High school graduation or GED required. May require BA/BS in related field of study.
- ABC/BOC certification in Mastectomy Fitting required (CMF).
- Minimum of two years experience fitting and retail experience, preferably with compression garment fitting and bra sales.
- Familiarity with oncology products, as well as medical billing and terminology.
- Skills generally necessary will include: organizational skills, general office skills (i.e. typing, filing, phone skills), word processing/computer skills, and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Requires ability to maintain professionalism and patience when working with patients and customers.
- Sensitivity to a diverse population; comfortable working with patients at various stages of treatment and abilities.
- Experience or willingness to work with volunteers in a supervisory capacity.
- Drive and passion for working with oncology patients and families, attention to detail and ability to provide considerate and intelligent follow through with providers, patients and caregivers.
- Must be team-oriented, value clear communication and be willing to assist in all areas of a busy retail environment.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE