The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's.
Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Join us and make a difference!
Under general supervision of the Investigational Drug Pharmacist, independently perform technical pharmaceutical operations in providing service to patients. These tasks include, but are not limited to monitoring patient-specific clinical trials, ordering and maintaining the inventory of study medications, perform charging and/or billing functions and accountability and auditing of study materials. Interact with public, drug manufacturers and other health care professionals on a daily basis.
Perform certified order entry of medication orders into the pharmacy computer and assist in on-line processing of prescription orders. Perform certain routine and repetitive functions and engage in preparation and packaging of medications and other pharmacy related functions, under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist. Assist in training and orientation of pharmacy assistants, interns and pharmacists and responsible for other duties assigned.
- Must have a current Washington State Pharmacy Technician License.
- Able to work under direct supervision of a pharmacist in providing service to patients
- Able to communicate with other health care professionals, and the public in a polite and appropriate manner
- Must have proper aseptic technique experience in accurate, efficient and timely preparation of parenteral products.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with computer systems and data entry
- Able to work independently in a creative and assertive manner
- Able to maintain patient confidentiality
- Able to perform basic pharmaceutical calculations
- Able to perform Pharmacy Technician functions including preparation, packaging and labeling of medication in an accurate and efficient manner.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE