Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science.
The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
The Accounting team has a wide range of responsibilities relating to all aspects the Center's finances including financial reporting, policy setting, internal and data controls and transaction processing. The team works closely with multiple groups within the Center to ensure accurate and timely financial information. The Accountant III position reports directly to the Assistant Controller and may direct but not supervise lower level employees.
The Accountant III position is a senior position. The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. He / she will also interact closely with the CFO, Finance Directors and all major functional leaders of the Center. A key aspect of the position is to keep abreast of changes to GAAP, regulations and federal guidelines relevant to the Center's finances.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of financial statements
- Provide accounting and reconciliation support for international affiliates
- Maintain chart of accounts, and process COA changes in financial management system
- Maintain accounting records and prepare filings for 403(b) plan
- Assist with preparation and filing of IRS Form 990
- Work with development department and determine appropriate accounting for gifts and donations, including temporarily restricted and permanently restricted funds
- Prepare bank account reconciliations
- Prepare and analyze financial reports relating to capital assets, facilities and administration (F&A) costs, collections and more
- Prepare audit schedules
- Prepare accounting research memos analyzing appropriate treatment for new activities and/or new pronouncements
- Advise other Center departments on appropriate accounting treatment, e.g. capitalization, VAT, tax applicability
- Review processes and suggest changes for improved efficiencies and controls
- Document and update policies and procedures as required
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Please submit COVER LETTER along with application.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, MBA and/or CPA a significant plus
- Five years related accounting experience
- Experience with non-profit or research business models a plus
- Experience with IFRS, multi-currency and consolidations a plus
- Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Experience with PeopleSoft a plus
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and ability to research and apply GAAP
- Diligent and self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially around important deadlines
- Able to complete tasks with the appropriate level of urgency
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and desire to work in team-oriented environments
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE